Monday, June 27, 2005

Teenage Hipster in the Modern World

For some reason, I decided to try my mainline - by that I mean the vein where your arm bends. I haven't gone there in years - maybe five or six cause way back when I was having so much trouble that I kind of gave up on it. I guess that it has had long enough to recover cause got it first time I tried. After that I was feeling kind of arrogant so I thought that I would give the dilaudid a shot and lucky me got that on my first go as well so I am now back to work feeling exactly like I want to and the stress has completely disapeared. The next two and a half hours should now go by sweetly. Amazing how ten seconds can pretty much change your day - pretty pathetic too when you really think about it so I am not going to...

Got a great book last week by Marc Jacobson called Teenage Hipster in the Modern World. It is a collection of the best of his writing over the last thirty some odd years. He has written for Rolling Stone, Village Voice, Esquire and many others. The description on the cover is "from the birth of punk to the land of Bush: thirty years of apocalyptic journalism". Sweet...

No comments: