Saturday, December 18, 2004

Ah my beautiful 14 going on 30 year old needs...

I am currently at work and it has been an extremely slow evening - I do tech support for an internet service provider. I have been surfing the net and actually just started this blog this evening as I have had very little else to do so...I just got interrupted from my near coma state by the "bat phone" ringing rather loudly. This is our after hours phone at work. My daughter was on the other line in a rather chipper mood. Before work I had dropped her at a friend's house for a sleepover - last day of school today until the new year as the Christmas break just kicked in. They had been undecided as to the evening's events as there were two good live shows at the two venues that her and her friends like to go to. Apparently they made their decision and are at the Embassy right now enjoying some loud, angry punk rock angst. Sara wanted to know if I would like to come and pick her and her friends up when I was all finished work - I am done at 2am. But of course I want to collect her because they are in the east end of town which is not the most savoury of locations but it definitely has the flavour. The last time she asked me to pick her up she had seven others with her but she promises me tonight that there are only two more. I didn't mind because they are all so young and our public transportation stops at midnight but legally I was stretching it by having eight of us in my truck - even if it is an extended cab!

Unfortunately one of the girls that she is with is one that I am not terribly fond of but I do my best not to make this too apparent to Sara as I feel that if she is aware of this that she will become even more friendly with her. I think that she is a bad influence and since Sara has started hanging out with her she has changed dramatically. They have been friends for seven years but they have just recently really renewed their friendship and while Sara is old enough and mature enough to make her own decisions, she is more of a follower than a leader and she has the capacity to be lead astray very easily so...Ok will have to conclude this entry later as I need to update a couple client files...

TO BE CONTINUED...STAY TUNED!

No comments: