Sunday, July 03, 2005

I Bought Furniture Finally

When we moved into our new apartment in March, I made a concious decision to leave almost all of our living and dining room furniture behind because we had been carting it around for over a decade and were long overdue for something new so...The only things that we brought with us were couch, coffee table, small side table, two floor to ceiling bookcases and our floor model tv. I was incredibly ruthless and left everything else behind. My vow was for us to get brand new furniture this year and it still is very much a priority. I found the store that I want to purchase the furniture, EQ3 - you must check it out as it is awesome. My stumbling block has been my absolute inability to commit to a specific style or colour or even a particular piece. Well, I was really bored at work yesterday so I surfed on over to their site and noticed that they were having a huge sale, huge.

I decided to stop by the store today to check out the sale and oh my goodness...I left having ordered three pieces of furniture to be ready and delivered in about ten days. I am over the moon mostly because I finally took that first step and I imagine the next one will be that much easier. I decided only to purchase items that were on sale. Luckily there were three pieces that were in the collection that I was pretty sure I wanted so I grabbed all of them. My total price including tax would have been $920 for all three. The sale price however is $195.50! Can you believe that? That is a total savings of $720. I know, incredible. Here is a sneak peak at one of the items...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I am getting the chair and ottoman in red cause that is the only colour they have but the bookcase and cabinet will be in a high gloss laminate silver - tres cool, n'est pas?

No comments: