Sunday, August 07, 2005

She Blinded Me With Science

It was a truly, spectacularly uneventful weekend. The only reason that I am up now is that I slept through the majority of Sunday. Spent the afternoon lounging in bed watching crappy science fiction - just downloaded the seventh season of Stargate SG-1. We are watching that series this year cause two regulars from Farscape, one of the best television series ever, are now in it. As we have never been regular viewers, we now have eight seasons of episodes to kind of catch up on. Pretty basic fodder though so it certainly is posing no real challenge. Am enjoying the second season of Battlestar Gallactica I have to admit. That show sure surprised me. If you are looking for something different to watch, you should give this one a shot. Toss out any prejudices that you might have remaining if you are old enough to remember the absolutely rotten original series. Oranges and apples, cats and dogs, no two shows could be so different.

Also a friend of ours called around 11pm to see if we could give him a lift to pick up an aquarium from another friend. The only reason that we bothered was the promise of payment. Kuching! He said that he had a couple of dilaudids that we could grab for doing this favour. As we are still nickle and diming our money, this came at the perfect time so for about 20 minutes of our time we are now sitting here quite calm and soothed after a kind of restless evening. Also got an extra for the late morning or just before I have to go into work. This too was fortunate as I had no idea what I was going to do for tomorrow. Can’t get any more credit from one of my dealers - the one that charges $20 a pill to boot. Turns out though that the guy I prefer to go to is back again holding and I am good for credit with him plus he is half her price. Kuching again!

We also learned tonight that the guy that stole all of Richey’s tools from our truck was found murdered on Thursday afternoon. I had read about our city’s ninth murder of the year the other day in the newspaper but they had not released the victim’s name at this point. Apparently he tried to rip some young fellow off in a drug deal gone bad. Colour me shocked. Not that I would wish this on anyone, he obviously had something like this coming to him. He was always trying to rip someone off in one way or another so it was really just a matter of time before he pushed the wrong person too far.

No comments: