Saturday, April 05, 2008

TIME AFTER TIME

Well, I somehow have managed to make it to my forty fourth birthday, safe and sound. Wow, a miracle of sorts I should imagine! It doesn't even seem like I've been alive for that amount of time, nor do I even remotely feel middle aged, whatever that is even supposed to feel like. Sometimes, when I look at my daughter, she will be eighteen in less then two weeks, I feel my age, but mostly, I feel fairly amazed - and blessed - that I feel as good as I do. While I have a hard enough time wrapping my head around my own age, I honestly can not believe that nearly two decades have passed since her birth. It truly seems like yesterday that I was giving birth to this tiny, beautiful baby. Time does fly it would seem!

Had a very low key birthday. It passed nice and quietly. I have never, ever been the type to draw attention to myself at the best of times, never mind for an event like this. My Mom took me out for a nice lunch yesterday and after we did a bit of shopping. The girls made me a beautiful card which they put in a picture fame, plus they got me one of my favourite MAC lipsticks, Film Noir, and a Social Distortion alarm clock. Some of the best presents ever. I was very touched and exceedingly pleased.

No comments: