Saturday, October 06, 2007

Stomach Aches

I’ve no idea what has been bothering my stomach for the past ten days but I am very much growing weary of it. About two weeks ago, the girls came home from school with what appeared to be fall colds. They were sneezing and coughing and generally feeling kind of icky. Of course, I presumed that I would soon follow as I always seem to catch whatever it is that they bring home. I wasn’t wrong. I had this cold about a week and a half ago and I was generally miserable and whiney about the whole thing.

While the cold itself seems to have disappeared, my stomach has not recovered and in fact, seems to be getting worse. Jim says that it is the methadone causing my discomfort and he is probably correct as anytime he is on methadone, he has a terrible battle with the way it affects his stomach. Me, I’ve been oh so lucky so far. Not this time I guess. I doubt that I need to go into graphic detail as I’m sure that anyone remotely familiar with methadone and its potential side affects will know exactly what I am talking about.

I feel yuck though, so there. The only up side to any of this is that it is the Thanksgiving weekend in Canada and Jim and I actually have the whole weekend off, which means that neither one of us is due back to work until Tuesday at 8am!

No comments: